Use of District Technology Agreement
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
I understand that I will have the privilege of access to various forms of technology and to the Internet while on school grounds. In order to keep this privilege, I will:
- Use technology (hardware, software, and the Internet) for educational reasons
- Use technology only with my teacher’s approval and supervision
- Use technology to gather, not copy, information
- Upload, download, post and/or send only those things for which I have been given permission by my teacher
- Immediately alert my teacher or other Avon School employee if I encounter something inappropriate
- Be careful and avoid any electronic activity that could be perceived as bullying, harassing or intimidating another person
- Refrain from any activity that intentionally interferes with the operation of school computers or the network
I make this agreement so that I can access Avon School’s technology resources in a safe, educationally beneficial way. I will let my teacher know if I am unsure about something I am doing or something my classmates are doing so that I can keep this agreement. I understand that I could lose my privileges if I break this agreement and that there could be other consequences related to any inappropriate use of district technology.
Personal Device AgreementThe use of Electronic Devices and/or Electronic Communication and Recording Devices (Policy 5516) such as, but not limited to, computers, mobile phones, portable audio recorders, smart devices (ie: smartwatch), portable video game systems, laser pointers, etc. is prohibited during school hours, except with prior permission of the administration.
Cellular Devices: Students are permitted to bring a cellular device to school if:
- Upon arrival to the school building, the device is completely turned off until after school hours
- The device is stored in their locker at all times
Using a cellular device during school hours is strictly prohibited and will result in disciplinary measures. If a student needs to make an emergency phone call during the day, they may be granted permission to use the phone in the Main Office after asking permission from their teacher.