Technology Use and Care Agreement
Acceptable Use and Care of School Technology
School Technology Resources
- Use technology (hardware, software, and Internet) only for educational reasons
- Use technology only with my teacher’s or guardians’ approval and supervision
- Use technology to gather, not copy, information
- Upload, download, post, or send only those things for which I have been given permission by my teacher or guardian
- Immediately alert my teacher or other Avon School Staff Member if I encounter something inappropriate, unsure about something I am doing, or concerned about something a school or classmate is doing
- Avoid any electronic activity that could be perceived as bullying, harassing or intimidating another person
- Refrain from any activity that intentionally interferes with the operation of school computers or the network
- Return school issued equipment and accessories to the school at the end of the school year, if I transfer out of the district, or if a replacement is issued to me
School Issued Device
- Bring my fully charged device to school each day
- Protect my device by:
- Closing the screen before moving
- Not leaning on the device
- Not place anything on my device
- Using two hands any time I move the device
- Taking care to not bump the device into anything
- Keep the area near my device free of food or drink
- Keep my device free of any writing, drawing, stickers, or labels that are not property of the AES
- Never leave the device in a car or unsupervised area
- Charge my devices’ battery before the start of each school day
- Practice proper digital citizenship (online/electronic) behavior
- Notify my teacher if my device is damaged, broken, or fails to work properly
I will not use personal technology while at school or while remote learning.
The use of Electronic Devices and/or Electronic Communication and Recording Devices (Policy 5516) such as, but not limited to, personal computers, mobile phones, portable audio recorders, smart devices (ie: smartwatch), portable video game systems, laser pointers, etc. is prohibited during school hours, except with prior permission of the administration.
Cellular Devices: Students are permitted to bring a cellular device to school if upon arrival:
- The device is completely turned off until after school hours
- The teacher is aware ths student has brought the device
- The device is stored in their locker (or teacher directed location) at all times
- The device is turned back on after the student leaves school grounds
Using personal technology during school hours is strictly prohibited and will result in disciplinary measures. If a student needs to make emergency contact (call, text, message) to a parent during the school day, they will be granted permission to use the phone in the Main Office after approval from their teacher.
As an Avon Tiger, I understand and agree to the following:
- Access to various forms of school technology and the Internet while on school grounds or while remote learning is a privilege.
- Access to school technology and resources are intended to accelerate my learning and better prepare me with the knowledge, experience, and skills necessary for future life.
- I share the responsibility for the use and general care of all school equipment and resources but am personally responsible for the device(s) and/or accessories that are issued to me or am using.
- I WILL NOT use personal technology while on school grounds or while remote learning.
- I can lose my privilege of access to technology and resources if I disobey any part of this agreement and that there could be other consequences related to any inappropriate use of district technology.
- I may incur fines if any school owned or issued technology is damaged, lost, or stolen while under my care
- I have reviewed this Agreement with my parent(s)/guardian and I agree to abide by the Avon School Acceptable Use Agreement.