Joining the Avon School Team
Employment at Avon Elementary School is demanding, but very rewarding. All staff members share in a culture for learning that is focused on a constructivist theory of motivation and continuous professional improvement.
Excellent compensation (Salary Guide / New Jersey State Health Benefits), small class sizes, abundant planning and preparation time, advanced instructional technology, as well as job-embedded professional training and support offer our staff members the opportunity to take student learning to the highest levels.
In order to be considered for a position here at Avon School, experience and expertise in the following areas are a must:
- Exceptional instructional pedagogy
- Advanced technology skills
- State and national standards
- Tiered and differentiated instruction
- Family and community engagement
- Data-driven decision-making
- Collaborative problem-solving
- Continuous professional practice improvement mindset
- Inclusive classroom environment
- Responsive Classroom
We believe Effective Teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first-century skills.
We believe Successful Students:
Equal Opportunity EmployerAvon Elementary School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.FMLA NoticeFMLA regulations require all employers to post the updated FMLA Notice
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension,interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner