All students in grades 3-8 are assigned a locker. Students in grades 5-8 are also assigned a lock. School lockers are for the convenience of the students to secure valuable items (i.e., cell phones, textbooks, school supplies), but they remain the property of the Board of Education.
Students may not share lockers nor should they leave any valuable items (school or personal) in an unlocked locker. Avon School is not responsible for items lost or taken from lockers.
The following directions and guidelines must be maintained in order to continue to have the privilege of a locker:
- Students are responsible for memorizing their combinations and for keeping them private
- Student lockers are the property of the school and may be inspected at anytime for health and safety reasons
- Student access to another student’s locker or lock is forbidden
- Students are expected to keep their lockers clean and to remove food items from the locker each day
- Students may not “stick” or attach anything to the exterior of their lockers in any way – interiors may be decorated with magnets only
- Students will only have access to their lockers during morning transition, at lunchtime, and after school, unless instructed by their teacher
- At the end of the school year, or as directed by a teacher, students should completely clean out their lockers and leave them open with the lock locked
- Any lost/not returned locks will be assessed a $10.00 fine