If you feel you or someone in your family may have the FLU, please do not delay, contact your doctor!Please click the following link for information from the Center for Disease Control pertaining to the Flu Virus:Summary of Flu Facts
- You are typically exposed to the flu approximately 2 days before symptoms develop
- You are typically CONTAGIOUS 1 day before the onset of symptoms to approximately 7 days after the onset of symptoms
- Your doctor may prescribe "antiviral" medication within the first 48 hours of symptoms
Signs and Symptoms of Flu
People who have the flu often feel some or all of these signs and symptoms:
- Fever* or feeling feverish/chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (very tired)
- Some people may have vomiting and diarrhea, though this is more common in children than adults.
*It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.