Avon Home & School Executive Board
Nora Hyland, Leigh Johnson, Co-Presidents
Lauren Kilcomons, Vice President of Public Relations
Lauren Hayser, Vice President of Fundraising
Nicole Szczepaniak, Secretary
Colleen Connolly, Treasurer
Lisa McLain, Class Parent Coordinator
January 9, 2018
Meeting opened at 6:16 by Nora Hyland
- Review of December’s meeting minutes
- Superintendent’s Corner
- Please review and update contact information in Genesis to prepare for emergency notifications due to inclement weather.
- BOE meeting moved to tomorrow, 1/10 at 7 pm in the media center.
- Family University- Tuesday 1/15 at 6:30 pm in the media center.
- Tiger Pride Friday reminder-Wear Avon gear on fridays to show school spirit!
- Treasurer’s Report (Colleen)
- Click Here
- Venmo is up and running! You can now pay for anything that is going into the main AHS account using Venmo. @Avon_Homeschool. Be sure to write in the memo what it is you are paying for.
- Secretary - (Nicole)
- Monthly minutes are be posted on the AHSA website! Check it out!
- Any emails and announcements to be sent out should go to Nicole. Send it 2-3 days before you want it sent out.
- We have decided to allow NJHS students to advertise their special projects via our list serv and our facebook and instagram.
- Website is updated with all current events, meetings, etc.
- PR & Enrichment Events Report:(Lauren Kilcomons)
- Thank you to everyone who helped make our Cookie Swap a success!
- Upcoming winter After school Programs*:
- The Lizard Guys-K-6, Thursdays 1/31-2/28
- Please send an email to Lisa McLain to secure your spot & If you haven’t sent in your money for this please do so ASAP.
- Better Than Broadway* is coming up! Mark your calendars January 14-18! This is a FREE program and always a lot of fun!
- Lunch with Someone Special* is coming up on February 5th. We are always looking for new volunteers to learn the ropes! Please reach out to Megan Russoniello, the coordinator. (Thanks to the volunteers who signed up already: Marissa Czajkowski, Kate Gamble, Lauren Kilcommons, Lauren Hayser) *We are still looking for volunteers to help serve!
- Please let Lauren Kilcommons know if you are coordinating any events and you want them communicated to, or covered by, the Coast Star. We can use the Avon Section to highlight upcoming events or to report on successful events. Amy MacNeill (firstname.lastname@example.org) is our new reporter.
- Assembly Vote on Holocaust Survivor, passed. AHS will pay for the assembly as well as transportation for the speaker.
- Fundraising Report: (Lauren Hayser)
- Michael’s Pizzeria & Sprinkles Etc. pizza & ice cream delivery fundraiser * will be held on 3 consecutive Tuesdays (January 22 - North Avon delivery date, January 29 - Central Avon delivery date, February 5th- South Avon delivery date) . We’ll need delivery volunteers for each date.
- We need parent & student volunteers to hand out flyers in mailboxes around town!
- Better Than Broadway Sponsorship Program* - Businesses, families, and individuals will have a chance to sponsor the BTB production at a Blue or Gold level and have their name prominently listed in the Playbill. We will also sell snacks during the BTB production on January 18th
- Stop and Shop Card Program* - register and register your friends.*
- Class Parent Updates - (Lisa McLain) Anything with an asterisk( *) should be communicated to your class families. Remind people of dates of events and ways to raise funds.
- Booster Club (Leigh or Nora)
- Rose Ceremony is coming up for 8th grade - Girls 1/22; Boys 1/25
- Booster Club upcoming events:
- Super Bowl Pool
- Hospitality Committee (Leigh or Nora)
- Thanks to Peggy Reilly for getting the cookies together for the teachers and to all of those who baked for the cookie swap.
- Volunteers -(Leigh or Nora) New process for volunteer sign-ups: In an effort to organize ourselves, we have assembled a google spreadsheet so everyone can view volunteer opportunities in one spot and sign up.
We are always welcoming new volunteers!
Alumni Committee - Thanks to Maggie Kinkela for volunteering to coordinate this committee and to Kristin Scrabis Fletcher for volunteering to serve.
- School Directory (Leigh or Nora)– Was sent out via email. Printed copies available upon request.