Formative Assessment = 0%
This includes the evaluation of students’ understanding of knowledge and skills during the learning process. The purposes of these assessments are not to administer a grade, but to check on student learning and re-direct teaching and learning to those areas in which individual students have demonstrated a weakness.
Homework = 15 %
- Homework (2 - handed in on time, 1 - handed in next class, 0 - not handed in that week)
Assessments = 85%
- Notebook checks: Students notebooks will be checked for completeness of notes and handouts. Students will be alerted of notebook check so they can make sure they are not missing anything.
- Quizzes: Will occur throughout marking periods in order to ensure students are retaining and understanding the material before larger tests.
- Tests: Will occur at ends of unit. *Note: students will be given plenty of notice before quizzes and tests so that they have ample time to study. All quiz/test dates will be on Google Calendar as soon as they are announced.
- Cooperative activities, presentations, posters, etc.
- Blog post projects (grades 6-8 only)
- Lab activity participation and completion of associated worksheets/data tables