Joining the Avon School Team
Employment at Avon Elementary School is demanding, but very rewarding. Our culture for learning and track record of success demonstrate a high powered education institution.
Recognized as a NJDOE Reward School (2012, 2013), all staff members have an established track record of professional improvement. Small class sizes, abundant planning and preparation time, advanced instructional technology, as well as professional training and support offer staff members the opportunity to take student learning to the highest levels.
In order to join our team, knowledge of and experience of the following is a must:
- Exceptional instructional pedagogy
- Advanced technology skills
- Sound knowledge of state and national standards
- Tiered and differentiated instruction
- Family and community involvement
- Data driven decision making
- Collaborative problem solving
- Continuous focus on professional practice
- Inclusive classroom environment
- Responsive classroom
We believe that effective teachers:
- Create opportunities for intellectual risk-taking, collaboration, problem-solving, and application of classroom learning to real life situations;
- Implement strategies that promote ownership of learning to students;
- Design instruction to integrate a variety of innovative technological tools and resources to enhance learning;
- Demonstrate ongoing professional growth in order to increase the quality of instruction;
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and discuss exemplary practices, interpret student performance data, and design assessments that promote twenty-first century skills.
We believe that successful students:
- Communicate in a meaningful way for a variety of purposes and audiences;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the precision and nuances of written, visual, and aural medium through comprehension,interpretation, and evaluation;
- Employ critical and creative thinking skills to solve problems; and
- Pose questions, examine possibilities, and apply skills to find solutions to authentic issues.
- Make positive choices related to physical and mental wellness; and
- Contribute to the local and global community in a collaborative and respectful manner
Equal Opportunity Employer
Avon Elementary School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.